What makes a property have great atmosphere? It can be a range of things – from fun at the property through events, music, lighting, overall ambience…. the mood, the vibe…. atmosphere is however you interpret it to be. Ultimately, atmosphere should aim to be a combination of all things that are aesthetically pleasing, that awaken the senses and make you happy! To a traveller, it can feel like you have hit the jackpot… an oasis of calm in a city of craziness – or perhaps a whirlwind of craziness and happiness when seeking thrills and adventure.
As Product Manager for HostelBookers, I am pleased to announce the hostels with the ‘Best Atmosphere’ for 2013 – as brought to you by HostelBookers ‘Awards for Excellence’. All awards are based primarily on customer reviews. While I have the joy of selecting the winners, it is you – the customer, who has spoken!
Winners from around the world include the following:
- ALFAMA PATIO HOSTEL: Lisbon, Portugal
- OSTELLO BELLO: Milan, Italy
- TRAVELLERS HOUSE: Lisbon, Portugal
- ATILLA’S GETAWAY – TRAVELLERS RESORT: Selcuk, Turkey
- HOSTEL KRUMLOV HOUSE: Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic
- THE HOUSE HOSTEL: Zagreb, Croatia
- DREAMTIME TRAVELLERS REST: Cairns, Australia
- NOOSA FLASHPACKERS: Noosa, Australia
- ARTS FACTORY LODGE: Byron Bay, Australia
- SPICYPAI BACKPACKERS: Pai, Thailand
- FLY BY KNIGHT COURTYARD: Beijing, China
- PEKING YARD HOSTEL: Beijing, China
- NOMADAS HOSTEL: Merida, Mexico
- GREEN TORTOISE BACKPACKERS GUESTHOUSE: San Francisco, USA
- URBAN HOLIDAY LOFTS: Chicago, USA
South & Central America
- WILD ROVER BACKPACKERS HOSTEL: La Paz, Bolivia
- PUERTO LIMON HOSTEL: Buenos Aires, Argentina
- ART FACTORY: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Africa & the Middle East
- HOSTEL WAKA WAKA: Marrakech, Morocco
- ATLANTIC POINT BACKPACKERS: Cape Town, South Africa
- FLORENTINE HOSTEL: Tel Aviv, Israel
Congratulations to all properties and their owners and staff – and happy travelling to the reader!
For a full list of HostelBookers ‘Awards for Excellence’ 2013 winners – view here
Most European destinations mentioned are cheaply reached by budget airlines
Great post, Krumlove House certainly deserves its place but I can highly recommend http://www.dilettanteshangout.com/ for couples on a budget in Cesky Krumlov. It’s perfect!
Thanks Kirsty… I love Cesky Krumlov. I have been twice and can’t wait to get back and chill there again, when next in Czech Rep. Will have to take a further look at your recommendation….need to visit based on the fact that Egon Schiele lived there! cool 🙂