Why are staff so important? Because they make or break your business. Staff that are upbeat, helpful, courteous, fun, professional and knowledgeable – they will keep your customers coming back. Word of mouth goes a long way too… other travellers they pass along the way will learn of your property largely because of the impression the staff make.
A hostel could have anywhere from a couple of staff to upwards of one hundred – across areas of reception, cleaners, cooks, guest relations officers, promotional crew, restaurant and bar service… that’s just the ones we see!
There are plenty behind the scenes too – an award for staff is a real team effort, something that all employees and employers should be massively proud of.
As Product Manager for HostelBookers, I am pleased to announce the hostels with the ‘Best Staff’ for 2013 – as brought to you by HostelBookers ‘Awards for Excellence’. All awards are based primarily on customer reviews. While I have the joy of selecting the winners, it is you – the customer, who has spoken!
Winners from around the world include the following:
- HOSTEL ONE PARALELO: Barcelona, Spain
- GRAND HOSTEL BERLIN: Berlin, Germany
- THE WALRUS WATERLOO: London, England
- TCHAIKOVSKY HOSTEL SPLIT: Split, Croatia
- HOSTEL ONE PRAGUE: Prague, Czech Republic
- HOSTEL BLUES: Bratislava, Slovakia
- BLUE PARROT BACKPACKERS: Sydney, Australia
- JJ’S BACKPACKERS HOSTEL: Cairns, Australia
- PONSONBY BACKPACKERS: Auckland, New Zealand
- ANANAS PHUKET HOSTELS: Phuket, Thailand
- WADA HOSTEL IN GUILIN: Guilin, China
- MATCHBOX THE CONCEPT HOSTEL: Singapore, Singapore
- HOSTEL QUETZAL: Cancun, Mexico
- USA HOSTELS SAN FRANCISCO: San Francisco, USA
- SAMESUN BACKPACKER LODGES: Vancouver, Canada
South & Central America
- HOSTAL COLONIAL LAS MARGARITAS: Trinidad, Cuba
- BOSSA IN RIO HOSTEL: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- ROLANDO´S BACKPACKER: Havana, Cuba
Africa & the Middle East
- MILANO HOSTEL: Cairo, Egypt
- DAR HOUDOU: Fes, Morocco
- RAINBOW MARRAKECH: Marrakech, Morocco
Congratulations to all properties and their owners and staff – and happy travelling to the reader!
For a full list of HostelBookers ‘Awards for Excellence’ 2013 winners – view here
Most European destinations mentioned are cheaply reached by budget airlines