I still get a kick out of this! Clever-clogs at my work…. rings true 🙂
…… in no particular order
1. Generator – founded in London, soon to open its tenth EU hostel – a juggernaut! Check them out
2. St.Christopher’s – teamed up with the ‘Beds & Bars’ group, funky, chilled, food and drink, good EU locations
3. Oasis – Lisbon, Malaga, Seville, Granada…. all very cool
4. Base – Australian & Kiwi hospitality at its best
5. Sant Jordi – an incredible 6 locations in Barcelona
6. Equity Point – great quality properties in Spain, Portugal, Morocco and USA
7. Flying Pig – Amsterdam, Uptown & Downtown… and by the beach in Noordwijk
8. Home – two central in Valencia, one in Barcelona… chilled
9. Dizzy Daisy – cool, four Polish locations and one Prague
10. Nest – funky Spanish, a favourite for travellers in Granada, Valencia, Barcelona, San Sebastian
11. Hatters – UK: Liverpool, Birmingham & Manchester
12. Smart – UK: multiple, central London locations
13. Journey’s – UK – three London, one Brighton… extending to Asia
14. Bohemian – cool hostels in Prague, well known group – look them up!
15. A&O – founded in 2000, largely German…. expanding through EU – considered the biggest chain
16. Meininger – well known German, plus London, Vienna, Brussels… set for big expansion
17.USA hostels – California anyone?! Backpacker hostels in Los Angeles, San Francisco and San Diego
18. Wombats – Austrian & German, recent opening in Budapest… next stop, Milan?!
19. PLUS – great hostels, plus camping…. Italy, Czech, German….. Berlin is amazing
20. Baxpax – funky German styling, three Berlin locations
21.Hip Hop Hostels – about a dozen in Paris – a collective
22. Palmers – posh UK, London times two…. and an opening in Zagreb, Croatia
23. Nomads – a brand affiliated with properties all over…. bigger in OZ & NZ… looking for world domination!
There are so many great hostel chains and independent hostels out there… I have been so lucky to have visited a lot! Are there any not on this list that you think should be included?
Happy travels ))
Most European destinations mentioned are cheaply reached by budget airlines
Visiting rainy London in the next few months?
Head indoors and catch a show (not a cold!)
SEXY & FUN
CABARET – A very limited run (15 weeks) at the Savoy to shake off the winter blues. Starring none other than Will Young, this latest adaptation is fun, sexy and camp…. guaranteed to titillate with innuendo and gratuitous nudity…. what else would you expect – Life is a cabaret old chum!
SPECTACULAR & SERIOUS
WAR HORSE – Even the Queen has seen his! Steven Spielberg recently made it into a film…don’t let that stop you from seeing this truly spectacular masterpiece of puppetry and storytelling…. a fine achievement and must see – book ahead!
SINGING IN THE RAIN – A dominant theatre position in the West End, if you are a tourist you will find this with ease! A classy production with old school romance and charm – perfect family fun and a great intro to London musical theatre
WICKED – the runaway smash hit continues to pull in the crowds. Clever, witty and well staged account of life before Dorothy & the Wizard of Oz. A multi award winning production and firm crowd favourite with an infectious spirit!
TWELFTH NIGHT or RICHARD III – what better city to see Shakespeare in than London?! For proper culture vultures, these two productions in particular feature the amazing Mark Rylance. The Apollo Theatre is hosting these two Shakespeare’s Globe productions – beg, borrow or steal tickets if you must, you’re in for a treat
Destinations in all corners of the globe! This HostelBookers SALE lasts until the end of July 2012…. get in there! I already booked accommodation in a few cities and am wrapped with my savings ))